Sunday, March 23, 2014

More Northern Visitors, and Seeplechase!!!!

Betsy and Alison arrived Monday for their Aiken Adventure, and Brittany and Abby flew in Friday evening.  Alison and Betsy had a dressage and a show jump school earlier in the week and then we went XC schooling at Full Gallop Friday afternoon.  Saturday was Steeplechase and it dawned on me Wednesday evening that I've only worn polo shirts the whole time I've been down here (translation = wicked bad farmer's tan, aka = how the heck am I supposed to wear a dress for Steeplechase???)  So I decided Thursday would be a good day to try and get some sun-blending done...

























Betsy happily took this picture of my horrific tan, and then proceeded to take one of my back....

























Holy crap!!!!  Whoever thinks that riding horses is a prissy sport should look at this picture, I'm down right scary looking!!!!  Time to lay off the roids!!!!  (aka, lifting water buckets and throwing hay)


The weather for Steeplechase was perfect, and after some early morning hacks on the horses we all went home to clean up and look like real people for a change.  I think we clean up alright......




A lovely group of ladies in the sun!!!  (Not bad on the tan line removal either!)  We followed up the races with a lovely early dinner at The Willcox, how very posh of us!!!





Well posh except perhaps for the random and rather not quite proper hygiene habits of washing one's feet in an upscale inn's bathroom....




And yes, that really happened!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment